Thursday, March 22, 2012

It takes a global village


Seems we have made it over the blood pressure hurdle and Annie's headache is staying in the "1" range.  Tomorrow she'll have a blood draw in the morning and the first appointment with her hematologist since her hospitalization.  It will be interesting to hear how he thinks things are going.

Maybe it's the teacher in me, but I've always hoped sharing Annie's story does more than keep interested parties informed.  I hope some piece of information or lesson learned can help someone else - that some good can come from this situation.  But it also helps keep us going.  Knowing people are rooting for our success helps us forge on when we feel like throwing in the towel.  

Blogs today track from which countries people read your blog.  It has been fun to figure out who would have a connection to Annie from far-flung places.  She has people keeping tabs on her in Germany, the UK, India, Russia and Japan.  The only one we couldn't figure out was Japan.  Today we learned she has friends in the US Navy stationed in Japan.

I cannot help but say a special thanks and let you know how much your work is appreciated.  You are all the outer ring of safety that lets each and every member of our team focus on their job without distraction. We are all connected, and our successes are also yours because there wouldn't be one without the other.  So in the middle of the night neither the sailor staring at an empty sea nor the mother staring at a child in a hospital bed is really alone.  God bless.

1 comment:

  1. Just catching up on the "Annie" events over the past couple weeks, so glad she was able to attend mix it up day, what fun! YES, your blog (and you) inform as well as inspire! I realize that all of our conversations/emails over the past 2 weeks must have occurred under less than ideal circumstances for you, and I was never the wiser. And not once did I ask about Annie...please forgive me. Although it felt as if the sky was falling right down on me, I realize that I could be facing bigger challenges, much bigger! That is the gift you have given me (perspective and an HUGE Ahaa moment!) along with all the sensible advice etc. Please take from me my thoughts and prayers for Annie (of course we have always kept her in our prayers over the past 4-5 years but today I am really going to ramp it up at bit!) as well as my gratefulness in counting you as my friend! XO

    ReplyDelete