Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Don't cry for me Pasadena


What a roller coaster ride.  Today was "Mix it Up" day at Annie's school and she has been gunning for this moment, "I am NOT missing Mix it Up Day... I will NOT be in the hospital on Mix it Up Day ...."  I've been hearing about this for weeks.  Thus she hauled herself out of bed, dressed all mixed up and marched off to school.  Luckily her blood pressure was on the same page.  In fact, after making the adjustments mentioned yesterday, things have been under control in that department.  

I have been drilling the virtues of pacing herself and allowing me to pick her up at lunch so she could ease back into things.  Seems she has embraced that idea....  After coming home and settling on the couch with a garden view, she proceeded to order her lunch. "Salmon, please." (Wild Alaskan en papier, coming right up.)  "Oh, and garlic bread." (Let me just run out and get some fresh rosemary from the garden.)  "And steamed broccoli with lemon."  (Off to fetch a lemon from the neighbor's tree.)  "Could you please feed me while I finish my math packet?"  (Certainly your highness.)  "A tissue, please." (Right on it.)  

I'm thinking it's time for her to consider school again.  "No Mom, I think you are right, I should ease back in."  "May I finish watching the Princess Diaries video?"  I'm thinking we patch in to school tomorrow then.  "Well, okay for history class." (Great!)  "I think we're watching School House Rock."

Of course I couldn't be happier that she's feeling better and that we're not in the ER.... "Mom could you bring me some dark chocolate please?"  Last time we went through this she was in home isolation for four months. "You are taking me to choir right?"  I mean she's been through a lot.  "Would you bring me the computer."  (I believe it's your bone marrow and not your legs that are the problem...yes dear!)

I always wanted clever kids until I got them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment