Thursday, May 30, 2013

Solidarity Forever


Day 16: Annie's whites crept up again today to 0.3 and her ANC to 0.2.  She also kept eating her salmon, garlic break and green smoothie and I guess the doctors were so bedazzled by her eating plan that there are rumors she might get off TPN soon.  I just read in the news that there is a TPN shortage so this could be a helpful thing.  Also read today about new MRSA protocols that don't require everyone to where yellow gowns and masks and purple gloves when they come in the room like we do now.  Funny how I pay attention to stories I could have cared less about before.

Anyways here is this week's Throwback Thursday.  This is when Annie was discharged to home isolation after her last transplant.  As long as Annie had to wear a hat so did Katherine.  I'm pretty sure Katherine draws the line at shaving her hair but she has planned to spend the weekend studying for exams at the hospital.  We figure they'll have the whole misery loves company thing going.


4 comments:

  1. Darling! What a sweetheart Katherine is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Annie, keep those WBCs coming! I read that article about MRSA too, how do you think Annie would like the baths with anti-bacterial wipes. I know how much she loves the foam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to include a picture with you wearing your hat, Meliss. I love how you all support each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hats are always stylish and we had Annie in our hearts at Reach Out Assembly today......blessings.Mr. Gill

    ReplyDelete