Thursday, May 16, 2013

Nap Pods


Day 2: Like a starving castaway obsesses about food, I'm obsessing about napping and, if I win the lottery, I'm donating a dozen of these lovelies to the hospital.

I drool over the promises on the website, "the ideal energy enhancing environment," "allows individuals to boost their productivity while helping maintain a healthy lifestyle," and "the elevation of the feet relaxes the muscles of the lower back."  Yes, yes and yes!

This is what happens after two nights in a row on duty; and I had help both those nights!  It is still a scary time for Annie and she wants Mom or Dad when the pain sets in.  So Tom and I have embraced our inner homeless person and have taken to sleeping in our cars, on benches and, today, I saw a tree and a patch of grass so I settled right in.  There was a breeze, there were birds chirping, all was good.  Then I got the call, Annie was in distress and wanted Mom.  To me this makes us even and I'm no longer going to feel guilty about the whole food episode yesterday.

Annie is, of course, napping.  A lovely morphine sleep due to her afternoon head pain and nausea (I wanted to point out that she throws up with or without food but figured that was in bad taste).  She had a nice morning though, a shower and bed change, quiet reading by the window, and having her nails filed (not suppose to cut them and risk bleeding).  I've also noticed that she always manages to be asleep when the hospital teacher comes by.  Suspicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment