Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Nail-biter


Day 14:  Each phase of this process is challenging in its own way.  Now we anxiously wait for the results of her blood test to be reported each day.  We scan the faces of the nurses for clues and try to draw conclusions from what time the doctor arrives.

We got a few more details today.  Her ANC (absolute neutrophil count) which is the measure of white cells was 0.3 yesterday and 0.1 today.  While we were told they could go up and down, when you are this close to the edge a step closer to the edge is unsettling.  The doctor isn't ready to say it's engraftment however she has a positive outlook.

Time to practice writing those gratitudes to shut out the anxieties.  I am grateful she has the best care available.  I am grateful we are well supported.  I am grateful the doctor has a positive outlook.  I am grateful we aren't facing any big known problems at the moment.  I am grateful....


1 comment:

  1. I'm grateful for your updates. I'm grateful for your generosity of spirit, and for that of your wonderful family. I'll keep you all in my thoughts in the next few days and weeks (oh, heck, longer than that).

    ReplyDelete