Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The leopard look


Gratefully Annie made it through to Tuesday without any emergency visits to the hospital. However her body is more than ready for a transfusion.  Due to her low platelets she is sporting a leopard look these days from all her bruises and petechiae.  It's not just Annie that looks like a leopard, it's also her bed.  While bloody noses throughout the day get managed with pinching and tissues, at night they drift over sheets, blankets, pillows and skin.  Even after six years I still haven't completely desensitized to walking into my daughter's bedroom some mornings to face something akin to the scene of a massacre.  A leopard cub on leopard print sheets.

Today's blood counts are plt < 5,000, hmg 6.2, we'll get ANC and CSA later.  Thus we're settled in for a full day of platelet and hemoglobin transfusions.  Assuming no upsets my next report will be Monday.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure that you need to be less sensitive to Annie's bruises. I think you owe it to yourself to be extra kind to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the leopard look but not the kind that Julianne reflects!

    More Prayers on the way!!

    ReplyDelete