Sunday, June 9, 2013

Rover


Day 26: This is rover.  We've been discouraged from getting a pet all these years because of Annie being immunosuppressed so I think we tend to anthropomorphize things a lot.  Rover carries Annie's IV fluids and pump and Annie seems to like wheeling rover around, especially when we're trying to sleep.  The nurse that helped us set it up says this seems to be the way health care is moving to keep costs down.  Have more of the routine treatments done at home.  It has worked out better than we though, especially because the pole is smaller and we don't have those awful noisy pumps that BEEP (I think I have PTSD from those...I hear them in my head).  Rover just sort of makes this chirping sound as he pushes the air along.

Since we're settling in to something of a routine I'll wait to update again until after her doctor's appointment Tuesday because otherwise (hopefully) I'll just be writing a running commentary on how many board games Annie beat me in!

1 comment:

  1. It took a long time for me to stop hearing IV pumps beeping in my sleep. I've been inspired to make a list of all the different "beeps" and other noises that I've been trained to recognize and respond to over time. I'll keep you posted :)

    ReplyDelete