Monday, April 16, 2012

ER


It's just because it has been 24-hours and I am so grateful to have had dinner and be in my house that I can  consider writing about last night.  Now maybe if George Clooney had been our doctor things would be different but....

6:30 p.m. Sunday night, putting dinner on the table and Annie starts crying in the other room.  It's the "bleeding event" we've been dreading.  We alternated pinching her nose for 30 minutes but it kept bleeding, really badly.  So we called the hospital ER and arrived by 7:30.  Although we got a bed pretty quickly it wasn't until 9:30 that she got her platelet transfusion.  Three hours of bleeding and pinching.  Three pokes.  Six hours since anyone had eaten.  Nightmare.  Finally home at 10:30 p.m.  No dinner.  Everyone wiped out.   Blood counts were plt 8,000, ANC 490, hmg 7.1.  Really nothing nice to say except I'm glad it's over.  Next post Thursday, I hope!

2 comments:

  1. All I can say is I hope you've been able to get a little bit of rest and I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nightmare! More Prayers and love on the way!!!

    ReplyDelete